7 Tips to Make Your House For Sale in Ft. Collins Feel Like Home to Buyers
You’re ready to put Your House For Sale in Ft. Collins on the market….. but you are overwhelmed with
“What do I do next?”
You know you want to get the best price possible for your home,
and your want to sell it within 90 days….
And this is entirely possible IF you are willing to roll up your sleeves and complete a few projects BEFORE you put your home on the market!
I’d like to share 7 of my favorite tips
“To make your house feel like home for your prospective buyers”
- Uncluttered Your Home- Clean out the garage, closets, pantry, storage areas,(under the stairs), you want to show how much room is available for THEIR belongings- rent a storage unit if necessary!
- Fix Anything that is Broken- Potential buyers are looking for anything that will be “work for them” when they move in – if there are multiple things broken- they will be offering less money for your home!
- Clean Everything!- Vacuum all the carpets- remove your pets odors throughout the home- wash windows inside and out- wipe down and disinfect all doors, tubs, toilets, sinks, etc. A clean home allows the prospective buyers to focus on “how their furnishings will fit in your home” and won’t be distracted by dirt throughout.
- Fresh paint and new carpet- These 2 are HUGE! If you are willing to invest some money in new carpet and painting a few or all the downstairs rooms – You WILL sell your home faster and for more money!
- Organize and De-clutter the kitchen- The kitchen is “the heart” of almost all homes, and it’s a great place to “set the tone” for your buyers attention. Remove excess appliances, clean all your cabinets, pantry, under the sink, the oven, trash can, etc. If you know when showings are scheduled ahead of time….. pop some cookies in the oven! Make your home smell like “grandma’s” whenever you can!
- Let the Light in Every room! Open drapes, blinds, any window coverings should be set to allow a good amount of light in the room. Bright rooms feel larger, warm, and inviting- dark rooms don’t!
- No Squeaky Doors, No Full trash cans, dirty laundry on the floors… etc. Walk throughout your home as if you are buying it, or have a friend or family member help you “see it through your buyers eyes!” Give them a clipboard, and have them write down things that are out of place, or need more attention. The “little things” Absolutely matter when selling your home.
As a Real Estate Professional in Northern Colorado for over 14 years, I have an extensive list of quality local contractors that will help you get your home in “tip top shape” before you put it on the market!
I hope you enjoyed the 7 Tips to Make your House For Sale in Ft. Collins feel Like Home to Buyers –
You will really create an ” I’d love to live in this home” atmosphere for potential buyers when you apply all 7 of these tips!
If you or anyone you know have questions about marketing Your House For Sale in Ft. Collins, I’ll be Happy to answer them. My number is – 970-219-4859