Your Homes For Sale in Ft. Collins –
Let’s Improve it’s Curb Appeal!
So, Your Homes For Sale in Ft. Collins….
Your Top 2 priorities are probably-
Getting your home sold for the best price possible
Selling it in a timely fashion – (30 to 45 days)
I’ll be sharing 12 Tips to get the outside of your home looking “Mah-Vee-lous” and ready to sell!
“You Must Make a Great First Impression” when selling your home…. and that starts
when prospective buyers drive up for their “1st showing” of your home.
Here’s how you are going to make your home their #1 choice….
- Give Your Entry a Facelift– Fresh paint on the front door or a new front door will do wonders!
- Power wash all the exterior surfaces– It’ll make them look New! – siding, driveway, sidewalks, etc. How clogged are your gutters and downspouts?
- Wash All windows – Inside and Out- You want to accentuate the views throughout your home!
- Replace that worn out Welcome Mat– place new ones at all your exterior doors (patio, garage, etc.)
- Clean out the garage– Create as much space as possible! Rent a storage unit if you must! And be sure to Power wash the floor!
- Paint or replace the house numbers– This really dresses up the front of the home( eye appeal)
- Remove any lawn ornaments that you want to take to your new home.
- Make sure All exterior lights are working– trim trees or shrubs if they are blocking the lighting.
- Clean up or re-paint the garage door(s)– be sure to lubricate the wheels on the garage door tracts.
- Touch up exterior window trim– You may want to re-caulk and paint the trim if it is peeling.
- Landscaping- What does it look like? Stand across the street and Imagine you are “looking to buy your home” Maybe you should trim shrubs, trees, clean up the lawn(mowing, trimming, fertilizing, etc) You may want to hire a professional service if it is really bad!
- Add some “fresh color” – whether that is new flowers in the flower beds, a bold color on the front door, bright pillows on the front glider-something that will catch the prospective buyers eye!
These 12 simple tasks will really “dress up” Your homes For Sale in Ft. Collins
By investing some “time, energy, effort, and a few hundred dollars” in these 12 tasks could add a few thousand more into the value of your home…..
People will be looking at Your Homes For Sale in Ft. Collins for a variety of reasons….
Price and location are 2 of the biggies…..
How can you make them “fall in love” with the idea of living in your home?
Can they visualize their belongings in your home?
Is your garage big enough for their cars, their toys, etc.?
Are there places in the backyard for relaxation, playing with the kids/grandkids, etc.?
So, What you do to put them in their Imagination of living happily in your home , will go a long way to separate your home from the others they are looking at. The less work they believe the “have to do” when they move in, the more appealing your home becomes.
If you are not very “handy” at doing the above curb appeal tasks, or you’d rather someone do them for you, I have a list of professionals that are reliable, bonded and insured, quality service people that have served my clients home needs for my 14 years as a Northern Colorado real estate professional.
If you or anyone you know have any questions about how to prepare Your Home For Sale in Ft. Collins,
I’ll be happy to answer them for you,